By Sherry Kyle
Are you grateful? Some days you may feel more grateful than others, but you can have a grateful heart even when life is hard. How? By remembering how much God loves you! The more you understand God’s love, the more grateful you’re going to be. Yes, God can show you how to be thankful even when you don’t feel like it.
Look around you. There are many things to be thankful for every day. You can probably name twenty things you are grateful for right now—your family, your friends, your home, and everything you own! God loves you and it makes him happy when you thank him for all the wonderful things he has done.
Gratitude Paper Quilt
What you need:
- Poster or foam board (Dollar Tree)
- Multipurpose Adhesive Spray (Dollar Tree)
- Construction paper—blue, brown, green, orange, white
- Fine-tipped colored markers or colored pencils
- Ruler or tape measure
What you do:
- Cut the construction paper into 3” squares.
- Draw and color pictures of what you are grateful for on the white construction paper squares. Write “Give Thanks” on one white square to be glued to the upper left hand corner.
- Use Multipurpose Adhesive Spray to attach the squares to the poster board, alternating between the colored construction paper and the white construction paper drawings to create a patchwork.
- Cut any additional white space around the poster/foam board.
- Hang the paper quilt on your wall.
Lord, I will give thanks to you with all my heart. I will tell about all the wonderful things you have done.—Psalm 9:1
Sherry Kyle is the author of books for tween girls, including The Christian Girl’s Guide to Style, a Gold Mom’s Choice Award Winner, The Girl’s Guide to Your Dream Room, and upcoming releases The True Heart Girls Series When she’s not writing, Sherry spends her time reading, walking, having coffee with friends, and decorating her beach home.
Want more fun crafts and activities? Check out Sherry’s new title True Heart Girl’s Devotional: Thinking God’s Way!
Friends. Siblings. Social media. Everybody seems to have an opinion about how you should think! But what does God say? Discover true joy and peace as you focus your thoughts on God’s promises! This devotional for girls ages 8-12 will help girls learn to fix their thoughts on what the Bible says is important—what is true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and worthy of praise—among other things!
Packed with 13 weeks of devotions, relatable stories, Scriptures, and over 40 fun activities & crafts, the True Heart Girls Devotional: Thinking God’s Way helps tween girls ages 8-12 apply wisdom from Philippians 4:4-9 to their daily lives.
The book begins with a message in a puzzle. As the girls work through each of the thirteen weekly devotions, they discover one more missing piece to the puzzle. The devotional has these fun activities scattered throughout it:
- Memory Verse—age-appropriate Bible verse just for tweens.
- Relatable Story—they’ll enjoy fun, relatable stories about girls their age. The stories feature five main characters who are woven throughout the book.
- Did You Know?—fun facts and information relating to Bible truths.
- Bible Story—stories about biblical people who found true joy and peace through thinking God’s way.
- Key Bible Promise—with a hint to the secret message.
- Prayer—a simple prayer they can repeat and adapt.